Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 8th, 2014

September 8, 2014
Hi cute famille!
This week was a really long week for me and my trainer.  She is really having a hard time with going home and I am really having a hard time with being left here alone in Gatineau!  I've been studying a lot this week about finding faith to overcome fears.  I am learning so much about the Atonement out here on my mission.  I have never been so keenly aware of my weaknesses and shortcomings.  It is a really humbling experience and I am really learning how to rely on the Savior and his Atonement to overcome my shortcomings.  I am becoming even more grateful for Him and His grace and mercy for each one of us.
Guess who came to Church yesterday!? Isabelle and her three kids: Sariah (9), Loic (6--super french name, cute eh?) and Mika (4--girl).  Jim, her boyfriend and their father (excommunicated member of the Church), was too tired so hopefully next week!  It's a miracle!  We going to get them married and then they are going to get baptized and sealed together for all eternity!  I love them soo much; we are so excited for them!  They understand everything so well and are committed to getting married and baptized.  They did get a little of a surprise this week because they were under the impression they had to get baptized before they could be married.  That was a shock.  We also had to explain that there are two marriages, a civil and then a sealing.  Ha, ha I have never seen two people's eyes pop out more.  We missionaries are just full of eternal surprises!
Denis and Ines are getting baptized!  The baptism is this Friday!  I am so, so excited!  They are so cute and soo ready!  They both had their baptismal interview in May.  Denis was actually interviewed by President Patrick.  This has been a long time coming!  They are really nervous still and I think they are feeling a lot of pressure from us and maybe the ward.  We are going to pull them aside and set things right.  Hopefully it will still happen because they need to be baptized so they can be sealed to their mom.  Hopefully we'll have some fun baptismal photos for you next week!
This Saturday is transfer calls... yikes.  I'll be finding out whether or not I am actually training and who my new companion is.  I'm trying really, really hard to keep my cool and just step up and take whatever is coming in stride.  It's going to be really hard.  No matter what I am going to be senior companion of the area. Sister Wright has been here for a year and everyone knows her and loves her so much and they are all so devastated about her leaving.  She knows everything about Gatineau and I am so worried our little French area is just going to fall to pieces when she leaves.  But if I have learned anything out here it is how much Heavenly Father loves the people of Gatineau and He is not going to allow their progression to halt just because of my inadequacies.  So we'll just keep praying and being obedient and working hard!
Love you all!  Miss you so much and I hope school and everything is going okay! 
The Ogden temple and Labor Day Picnic look so fun!
LOTS OF LOVE!
Soeur Olsen
Pictures:


Cute Josianne and Fanny Allard from the ward took us out to the cute little cafe where they work. (These girls did a mini missions with Catherine and Sister Wright.)



Sister Craven--Sister Wright's previous companion, my Sister Training leader-- in our district just had her birthday.  So we decorated District meeting with balloon animals.  Remember those days?  I am still a pro.


Sister Wright, Mika, and Sariah. (They are teaching these little girls and their family.)


Elder Norman swallowing a hot dog whole


Me and Damion and Nathan--boys of member Caroline Baker.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment