Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Oh my goodness, let's see how much I can get in!‏

Bonjour ma famille!

I just love French so much.  I am so unbelievably bad at it, but it is so fun!  I didn't learn as much last week as I feel like I should have though so I am going to try to be better this week.

Okay so we have two new French districts!  It is soo fun.  However it has made email day kind of crazy today, everyone needs our help.  But it is great to serve other people!  The new soeurs are so cute, they feel like little sisters.  A few of them are really struggling right now, so we are doing everything we can to help them.  It has been a great opportunity to be the Sister Training Leaders for these new girls.  One of them is having a particularly hard time, and she really wants to go home.  At the worst point in the day though, President Barker showed up and gave her a priesthood blessing, so that really helped her out. We are keeping an eye on her and trying our hardest to do everything we can.  It has made me realize what a difference a mission makes.  I know that as we are here doing what the Lord wants us to do, he will really help everything fall into place, and we can become the people he needs us to be for later in our lives.  So I hope she stays, it just breaks my heart to think about!

Rough French week.  REALLY rough French week.  We had the worse lesson of our lives yesterday!  It was so discouraging because it was so inspired, and Soeur Smith and I were so excited to finally teach Jean-Luc as an actual person.  But we got in there... and didn't have any words.  Yikes.  A couple days before that we had a similar experience with Jean-Claude.  Frere Pistorius--one of our Resource teachers that help us with any questions-- said we should drop him.  Haha we actually think we might try it.  Maybe that way Jean-Claude (or our teacher Frere Rodriguez) would easy up on us.  But Frere Pistorius said something to us this week that really made me realize how important a mission is.  He was talking about people he met on his mission, who he had the strongest impression that they would never accept.  I have no idea how that works, but I do know that the Lord never gives up on us.  But he said that in the end there will be people who will see their Savior, kneel, know Him and what He has done for them and then just turn and walk away.  And I  was so overcome by that.  I just started crying-- well I guess that's not a surprise-- but I realized that this is so important that I am here.  I need to help prepare people for that day, so that when they do meet the Savior, they are humbled and prepared to fully accept Him.  I don't know.  I still don't fully understand it. But I haven't been the same since then, and I never want to take this work lightly.

I had to take an oral exam in French yesterday. Yikes. We took it on the computers and our teachers are going to review it tomorrow.  I tried to throw in some of my new material to distract them from my poor language skills. We'll see if that worked. Frere Davis and Frere Rodriguez are awesome. They are so funny. Apparently, Spaniards that speak french don't use their h's when they "shhh". It is pretty amusing.

Okay, I don't know what else to say.  I can never stay awake.  I am exhausted all the time.  So hopefully that gets better!  I miss and love you all tons.  I am glad Rebecca didn't get killed by a black widow.  I LOVE all the pictures.  And the food.  And the letters.  Keep sending them!  

Oh and I did see Mandy! Totally made my whole stay here.  She is doing really well.  I never see her though because we don't have the same meal times.  But hopefully I will see her at devotionals. Here are some pictures.  The girls are the new girls that just arrived, and the group is the Tahitian district.  They are the  best.  Four square with them is so fun.  I am a master at four square.  

LOVE YOU ALL!




No comments:

Post a Comment