Tuesday, October 14, 2014

September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

Okay everybody! Sister Wright left this Wednesday and I got my greenie!  Her name is Sister Carpenter and she is SOO cute!  You'd just love her.  She is from Temekula, CA and she's a blonde!  She fits right in here in Gatineau because Elder Jenkins got another blonde too!  How fun.  Still a blonde Gatineau family.  She's Anglophone but it is really fun teaching her French!  (I just hope I am doing it right).  Since she's arrived I have really had to step it up and I have been really blessed.  The French hasn't been TOOO much of a problem yet.  We are really blessed to be serving in such a bilingual area.  I have really seen how much Heavenly Father is blessing me with the gift of tongues.  It's so amazing...and really fun even though it's hard.

So we made it to a new week!  We didn't die.  Yay!  It's hard because I'm in charge of planning how we use every minute of the Lord's time every day.  It's been really hard this week cause we have had lots of things fall through and lots of things we would like to do we are not able to because of klicks (the amount of miles we are allotted).  I'm just really, really trying to rely on the Lord and follow the Spirit because I don't really know what else we can do.  We don't have a lot of experience to go off of.  I know that Heavenly Father is really putting us through the refiner’s fire and preparing us for something greater.  I know that He loves me and my cute little greenie and He's going to be with us, helping us and guiding us, even if it's hard at first.

We have been trying to focus on the members.  We really want to get into their homes and get to know them and help strengthen them.  We also really need them to come teaching with us so keep praying for us and our ward so that we can have success in our area!  There are so many things to do and hardly any time to do it, or any klicks!  We are just taking it one day at a time, and little by little we are going to see the Lord work wonders in the area. I am sure of it.  I love you all so much!  Thanks for all of your prayers and support!  Have a wonderful week!

Yes it is starting to get cold!  I am thinking I have got to go find a heater blanket somewhere!  Sister Wright says that is something I am going to want to have.  Thanks so much for the package; the GPS and treats are a Heaven send!  I loved getting all of your letters Laura, they made my whole week.  Thanks so much!  I love you! Happy birthday next week cute girl!  Thanks also for grandpa's blessing, the missionary dolls and sunglasses!  I loved it all so much and really needed it.  Thanks for taking such good care of me through packages, letter, and prayers. I love you all so so much.  Tell grandma that I hope she gets feeling a little better!

Love love love with all my heart,

Soeur Catherine Olsen

Pictures:

This is Catherine's new companion :) 



Baptism of Denis and Ines Coulibaly 09/12/2014 Missionaries from Left to Right: Sister Craven, Sister Wright, Sister Olsen


No comments:

Post a Comment